The BSH issues the official topographic charts of the sea floor
for the German North and Baltic Sea areas.
The topographic maps of the sea floor are marketed by the BSH's distribution agents,
bookshops, and pleasure craft outfitters. They are available in the following
- North Sea (0100-2708) as a blueprint, colour print, or pdf file at €35.00
- North Sea, Traffic Separation Schemes (GW1-GW7, TG0-T6) as a blueprint,
colour print or pdf file at €35.00 each.
- Baltic Sea (944-22516) as a blueprint, colour print, or pdf file at €35.00
- Digital depth data (location co-ordinate triples) based on the German
geodetic reference system DHDN and referred to chart datum are available
as ASCII files (different file and co-ordinate formats available on request).
data are available at €0.01 each. A topographic map of the sea floor contains
an average of 10,000 depth data. The depth contours are included in the
price.Special data treatments are available at a surcharge. As regards third-party use of the BSH's charts and digital data, please
refer to the licence agreements.
The above discounts apply cumulatively.
- Up to 500.000 soundings 1,00 Cent
- 500.000 bis 2 Mill. soundings 0,50 Cent
- more than 2 Mill. soundings 0,25 Cent.
Enquiries should be addressed to the BSH's hydrographic department:
- for the North Sea: phone +49 40 3190 4139 or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- for the Baltic Sea: phone +49 381 4563 779 or e-mail email@example.com
The official topographic maps of the sea floor issued by the BSH are sorted by area
and by the first four digits.
Not all of the maps are complete with all depths
and depth contours.
The subdivision by areas is as follows (please choose an area):