the emblem of the BSH    

Tonnage measurement


Tonnage measurement and tonnage certificate


All seagoing ships of 24 m in length and above require an „International Tonnage Certificate 1969“ – ITC 69), seagoing ships from 15 m to 24 m in length a (national) tonnage certificate. It’s possible to issue seagoing ships under 15 m in length a (national) tonnage certificate.

The Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie (BSH) (Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency) is in charge of tonnage measurement for all seagoing ships (including pleasure craft) under the German flag and, on application, also for ships under foreign flags.

Further information and application forms



To obtain information on a particular subject, you can enter search terms, and all pages containing these terms will be displayed.

Relate search terms by

Print Version

Print page


If you have any additional questions, please e-mail Rainer Koch or phone +49 40 3190 - 7210


More information on the subject:
Small craft tonnage measurement


To obtain forms relating to your particular subject, click on "more".


Deutsche Version

 © 2018 Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie Last Update: 06-Feb-2015 08:22:00  
 Print Version Home • Deutsche Version • Contact • Help • Federal Freedom of Information Act • Imprint