the emblem of the BSH    

Tonnage measurement


Measurement of pleasure crafts (Special Tonnage Certificate for pleasure crafts of less than 24 m length)

application form

Please also note the following Guide (for filling out) - Electronic Forms. (PDF)

This application form can either be

  • filled out online and printed as well as electronically stored, or
  • printed out first and then filled in by hand.


Seagoing ship

All seagoing ships of 24 m in length and above require an „International Tonnage Certificate 1969“ – ITC 69), seagoing ships from 15 m to 24 m in length a (national) tonnage certificate. It’s possible to issue seagoing ships under 15 m in length a (national) tonnage certificate.

The Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie (BSH) (Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency) is in charge of tonnage measurement for all seagoing ships (including pleasure craft) under the German flag and, on application, also for ships under foreign flags.

Further information and application forms



To obtain information on a particular subject, you can enter search terms, and all pages containing these terms will be displayed.

Relate search terms by

Print Version

Print page


If you have any additional questions, please e-mail Rainer Koch or phone +49 40 3190 - 7210


More information on the subject:
Tonnage measurement
Small craft tonnage measurement

Deutsche Version

 © 2016 Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie Last Update: 26.09.2016 11:24:41  
 Print Version Home • Deutsche Version • Contact • Help • Federal Freedom of Information Act • Imprint