Tonnage measurement

the emblem of the BSH

Tonnage measurement


Measurement of pleasure crafts (Special Tonnage Certificate for pleasure crafts of less than 24 m length)

application form

Please also note the following Guide (for filling out) - Electronic Forms. (PDF)

This application form can either be

  • filled out online and printed as well as electronically stored, or
  • printed out first and then filled in by hand.


Seagoing ship

All seagoing ships of 24 m in length and above require an „International Tonnage Certificate 1969“ – ITC 69), seagoing ships from 15 m to 24 m in length a (national) tonnage certificate. It’s possible to issue seagoing ships under 15 m in length a (national) tonnage certificate.

The Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie (BSH) (Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency) is in charge of tonnage measurement for all seagoing ships (including pleasure craft) under the German flag and, on application, also for ships under foreign flags.

Further information and application forms

 © 2016 Bundesamt für Seeschifffahrt und Hydrographie Last Update: 25.10.2016 09:32:48  
 Print Version Home • Deutsche Version • Contact • Help • Federal Freedom of Information Act • Imprint